Goulburn Mulwaree Council uses food and garden organics (FOGO) from your green bins to produce high quality compost, which is available for sale at the Goulburn Waste Management Centre from 8am to 12pm Monday to Friday, as well as the first full weekend of each month from 8am to 12pm - subject to availability.
14 SEPTEMBER 2021 - CURRENTLY SOLD OUT OF COMPOST. PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARY FOR AVAILABILITY. MORE COMPOST EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE MID-OCTOBER.
- Always call to confirm if compost is available and make a booking on (02) 4823 4417
- Compost will be loaded by GMC machine operators
- As loads are required to be appropriately secured and covered with a tarpaulin before leaving the site
- Customers purchasing compost must ensure that their trailer is rated at a minimum of 500kg capacity and that it is in safe and roadworthy condition
Compost is min. $20 per m3 (limited to 3m3 after which a tonnage rate of $60/tonne [B grade] will apply).
Suggestions for Using Council’s Compost
For soil improvement, spread a 10-20mm thick layer of compost across soil surface and incorporate to a depth of 50-100mm then water thoroughly before planting.
Tips for Safe Use
This product contains micro-organisms.
- Keep product moist when handling to minimise dust
- Avoid breathing dust or mist
- Wear a particulate mask
- This product has a low risk of containing sharp materials – wear appropriate gloves and footwear as a precautionary measure
Nitrogen (N) – 1.66%
Phosphorous (P) – 0.35%
Potassium (K) – 1.18%
pH – 7.79
Please find a copy of the results here: Amended-GOU011_AS4454-Mature-Compost_K4111.pdf(PDF, 260KB)
Benefits of Using Council’s Compost
- Introduces quality carbon into the soil
- Increases the health and activity of soil microbial populations
- Helps prevent plant disease
- Mobilises nutrients for plants
- Improves soil structure
- Improved moisture absorption
- Improved water holding capacity for plants
This fully pasteurised compost is suitable for all residential and commercial applications.
Goulburn Mulwaree Council produces compost that must meet the NSW EPA's Resource Recovery Order and Exemption. This Order and Exemption (The Compost Order 2016) ensures that the proper assessment and characterisation of waste that is intended for land has been managed in such a way to protect not only the environment and human health, but also to protecting the current and future uses of land on which the compost has been applied.
Compost produced by Goulburn Mulwaree Council is made up of both self-haul green waste and the contents of kerbside organic waste bins, and as a result, the final product may contain the following: metal, plastic, sharps paraphernalia, glass particles etc. Please use personal personal equipment (PPE) when handling the compost.
Please call the Waste Info Line on (02) 4823 4417 for any further questions.