Community Centre: 155 Auburn Street.
Youth Services office and youth safe space, Community shared space for young people aged 12-25 to access information, entertainment, advice, assistance and referral to other programs and services in the Goulburn Mulwaree area.
Our friendly, approachable and non-judgmental staff are available for advice on any issue relating to youth, we are always keen to chat about anything that may be troubling you. We would like to meet any and every youth from the Goulburn Mulwaree area. If you have not been to the centre before, please drop by and check it out. There will be a program, activity or event for you! You will always find a friendly face and a fun and relaxed environment here.
Goulburn Mulwaree Council provides a broad range of services for young people. Youth workers are able to assist young people with employment, education, homelessness, Centrelink and much more.
Youth Services Coordinator
The Youth Services Coordinator is responsible for the operational capabilities of the councils youth services program, he is the first point of call for all youth matters.
The friendly and supportive youth worker provide support to young people from all different backgrounds in a drop-in environment.
Youth workers assist young people to engage in services and programs offered, as well as link them to other local youth services if required. Youth workers provide support to young people with school work and further education opportunities, employment assistance and much more.
They will always listen and talk in a non-judgmental manner and develop fun and engaging activities suited to young people with different needs.
Watch this space for all of the details for the December/January School holiday activities.
School Holiday Program:
Each school holidays Goulburn Mulwaree Council runs activities for 12-18 year olds that include excursions both locally and outside of the area. Activities are mostly free and in the past have included trips to Mt Selwyn snowfields, Zone 3 Laser Tag Canberra, The Amazing Race challenge, scavenger hunts, the Block Challenge, Masterchef challenge and much more.
Holiday programs are advertised 4 weeks prior to each school holiday period. Follow us on Facebook or check out the website for the latest program.
Goulburn Mulwaree Council runs a number of events each year with Vibesfest and Youth Week being two of the highlights. The best way to stay up to date with our events is via our Facebook page.
A physical and mental wellbeing program for high school aged youth aimed at supporting the development of a healthy lifestyle through exercise and nutrition. Youth who may be struggling at school with issues such as poor attendance, managing peer pressure and adapting to high school etc. receive mentoring support. The program is assisted by over 25 different youth provider volunteers and is highly successful.
Paperback Café Training program:
Goulburn Mulwaree Council’s Youth Services unit runs a job readiness and job skills program. If you are aged 14 or above and have an interest in working as a barista and in the hospitality industry, then this program is for you.
Council’s Youth Services unit facilitates a barista training program via a small café located in the Goulburn Library. The program consists of practical and theory base elements and runs for approximately 12 weeks depending on your individual needs and availability. Throughout the program participants are required to undertake the training in, but not limited to:
- How to prepare and serve espresso coffee
- How to maintain and clean the machine
- How to use and clean the coffee grinder
- Food health and safety
Customer Services skills:
- How to communicate with a range of different customers
- How to be professional and follow health and safety requirements
- Handling money
- Taking and receiving orders
- Counting end of day takings
- Use of EFTPOS machine
Job Readiness skills:
- Resume development/updating
- Interview skills and practise
- How to present yourself in the workplace
- being an active member of a team
- work experience within the café
- making and serving drinks and snack foods
- following workplace safety processes and procedures
Connect, Support, Empower Program Overview:
The Connect, Support, Empower Program is a new youth case coordination program delivered by Goulburn Mulwaree Council Youth Services. The program seeks to address the personal health, career and wellbeing needs identified by young people aged between 12-25 years, providing valuable one-on-one guidance, mentoring and additional wellbeing support where they are disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from family, education, and/or community.
Over the duration of the young person’s case coordination, our CSE Youth Workers will proactively work with the young person to achieve reachable goals, building resilience and independence to overcome and thrive despite their circumstances and life challenges. Depending on the needs of the individual, whether its weekly, fortnightly, or monthly, our youth workers will work with them to assess how often meetings, workshops and group work will take place and will track their progress.
- To support and guide appropriate individual pathways required to achieve participant goals within the key areas of support.
- Participants must be between the ages of 12-25 years and disengaged or at risk of disengaging from family, education and/or community.
- Referral into the program is completed through the paper-based referral form or online via our website.
- Young people can self-refer or be referred by parent/legal guardian, school, or other agency/service provider with the young person’s consent.
- Referrals will be received and reviewed by Connect Support Empower staff at weekly intake meetings. The young person and/or referrer will be contacted to arrange an appointment to undertake initial assessment.
- A Coaching Young People for Success Program will be used to support completion of young person’s aspirational plan were required. The young person will be involved and supported in the decision making process around the four key areas of health and well-being, community participation, education and training, and pathways to employment.
- A wrap-around servicing approach for each young person is applied, working collaboratively with schools and other educational and training providers, community and health organisations, and local businesses and job providers.
- Ongoing intensive, coordinated support for each young person is provided through regular contact appointments. Each young person’s personal goal plan is continuously reviewed and adjusted as needed to accommodate their changing needs and goals.
The Connect, Support, Empower Program encompasses Council Youth Services goal to provide positive connections, ongoing support and empowerment for Goulburn’s young people, so that they can reach their true potential.
If you have any queries prior to referring your young person, please do not hesitate to reach out to Luke on 0498 005 669 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the CSE Youth Referral Form here.(PDF, 410KB)