Sporting Hall of Fame
The Goulburn Sporting Hall of Fame acknowledges the contribution made by local athletes who are, or have been recognised as an "Australian Champion" or "International Champion" in any nationally recognised sport.
The Hall of Fame comprises a comprehensive representation of items donated by these gifted local athletes and is situated in the main foyer area of the Veolia Arena at the Recreation Area, 47-131 Braidwood Road, Goulburn.
Nominations to the Sporting Hall of Fame are ongoing however, induction into the Sporting Hall of Fame is generally made at an Induction Ceremony held bi-annually. The next Induction Ceremony will be held in 2020.
Who is eligible?
To be considered for selection a person must meet the following criteria:
- Be recognised as "The Australian Champion" or "International Champion" in any nationally recognised sport.
- Nominees may be amateur or professional, but must be in an Australian Representative team (not including an Australian "B" Team) or individually represent Australia in an accredited National Sport.
- Be a resident of Goulburn Mulwaree prior to, or during National or International selection or status, be eligible if residing outside the boundaries of the Goulburn Mulwaree area, but have represented Goulburn Mulwaree or a Goulburn Mulwaree team.
- Through expertise and performance in a duly accredited selection process, gain selection in a representative team that is regarded as "The Australian Team".
- The nominee must be over the age of 18 years old at the time of application.
Nominations will be considered by the Goulburn Mulwaree Sporting Hall of Fame Committee. Nominators will be advised of the outcome of their nomination.
For further information please contact Kayleen Pagett on 4823 4538 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to submit a nomination:
Nominations can be left with the Goulburn Mulwaree Council's Customer Service section or posted to: Kayleen Pagett, Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Locked Bag 22, Goulburn, NSW 2580