The Recreation Area is located at 47-131 Braidwood Road, Goulburn, on the corner of Bungonia Road. The complex occupies 45 hectares of land alongside the Mulwaree River. It is a Crown Reserve with Council as Trustee managing the complex. Council is assisted by a "Committee of Management" consisting of representatives from each of the main Recreation users.
The main users of the Recreation Area consists of:
- Greyhound Racing
- Harness Racing and Training
- AP&H Society (Show Society)
- Poultry Fanciers
- Goulburn Dog Training & Kennel Club
The Recreation Area may be booked for use by the community. A list of fees and charges for use of the facilities may be found in Council’s adopted fees and charges schedule that is subject to change each financial year.
Due to a range of animals being permanently on site, and regular major events being held, Council asks that any dogs within the facility are kept on a lead at all times.
Further information about Plans of Management and other activities at the Recreation Area are provided below. For bookings contact the Recreation Facilty Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for hire of Goulburn Recreation Area(PDF, 907KB)
Goulburn Recreation Area Crown Reserve Plan of Management - Final Version 7 April 2021(PDF, 8MB)
This building was opened on 16 February 2014 and is named jointly after Mr Edward Gordon Millsom who was prominent in the local harness racing industry in the 1930’s and 1940’s, and Mr Norman Eric Grace who was able to resurrect greyhound racing in Goulburn in the 1980’s.
The Function Centre features a view over the greyhound and harness tracks and the centre show ring, with the Goulburn Brewery and Rocky Hill providing a beautiful backdrop.
The Function centre is able to cater for large group bookings and events such as Wedding, Birthdays, Conferences and Meetings, requiring an attractive and modern indoor area, with a great outdoor ‘break-out area’. Modern kitchen and bar facilities are available to cater for these events and functions.
- Multipurpose venue for functions and events catering for sizes of 20 – 1000 (depending on setup and usage
- Meeting Room for small private meetings or events 10 – 15 people
- 4 private offices
- Communications room
- Full Commercial Kitchen
- 2 winning post viewing towers
- Full length veranda
- Full length glass windows
- Wi-Fi and IT infrastructure available
Application for hire of the Grace-Millsom Centre(PDF, 787KB)
The Veolia Arena was officially opened on the 13 March 2014 and comprises a two court multi-use hall which is suitable for most indoor sports and events requiring a large open indoor area.
Veolia Arena has provision for protection of the floor for those events requiring it, provides seating for all large events, and an 80 square metre portable stage.
Canteen and toilet facilities are available. Veolia Arena is named for Veolia Environmental Services, who assisted in the funding of the building.
- 2 Championship size Basketball Courts with timber sprung flooring
- Retractable Basketball rings to allow multi-sport activities or corporate events
- Both Courts are at Competition LUX levels for lighting
- Line markings for 2 full size netball courts with fixed posts
- Line marking for 2 indoor hockey courts and 1 international size indoor hockey court
- Male and Female Change Rooms
- Additional separate male and female toilets that service within stadium.
- 2 storage areas within stadium
- Foyer and Service desk
- Separate canteen with kitchen
- Home to the Goulburn Sporting Hall of Fame
- Off and on street parking to suit all major events.
- Disabled access and ramp
- Rear loading access
- Sporting courts area are equipped with radiant heating and evaporative cooling that allow a comfortable environment for all events throughout the year.
Application for hire of Veolia Arena(PDF, 476KB)