Rates Information and Payment Options


For information regarding your rates, please select the Rates Frequently Asked Questions section in the panel to the left.

Council offers various payment methods to pay accounts such as rates and water. Payment of accounts may be made via the following methods:

In person:

Payments in person may be made at Council's Customer Service Counter, Civic Centre, Bourke Street Goulburn NSW 2580.
Payment may be made by cash, cheque, EFTPOS and Credit Card between the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm on weekdays


Credit Card payments may be made by calling (02) 4823 4444


Cheque payments may be sent to Locked Bag 22, Goulburn NSW 2580. Please include the lower portion of your notice/invoice with your cheque or money order.

Direct Debit

Council offers a range of direct debit options allowing you to have your payment directly debited from your nominated cheque or savings account.

For more information please contact Council's Finance Department on 02 4823 4444.  A Direct Debit Application form and Direct Debit Cancellation Form can be downloaded using the links below.


Automated phone payment:

You will require Post BPay Details from your account to utilise this system. These can be found on your rates notice. Then call 13 18 16. 

Australia Post Offices

Payment of rates, water and debtors accounts may be made at any Post Office. Payment methods accepted by Australia Post are cash, cheque, EFTPOS and Credit Card. You will need your notice/invoice to make payment. The Post Office will issue a receipt. 

Payments may also be made through Post Billpay online at www.postbillpay.com.au or by phoning 13 18 16. 

Pensioner Rebate

Under the Local Government Act 1993, eligible pensioners are provided concessions on their ordinary rates and domestic waste management services and where applicable concessions are also provided on the annual water and sewerage charges.

If you are eligible, you can apply for a pensioner rebate using the application form below. If joint owners are eligible for a pensioner concession, a separate form will need to be completed by each owner to receive the maximum rebate, otherwise only a partial rebate will be granted. 

Pension Concession Form(PDF, 1MB)


You can now register to receive your rates and/or water via email.  When registering to receive your notices via email you will no longer receive a hard copy it will be by email only

If you would like to register to receive your notices via email, please select "Register for email notices" below.  When you select this option, you will be directed to Print Mail Logistics Limited (PML), Council's third party data processor who will collect and store your personal information for the purpose of issuing your property rates and/or water notices.

Register for email notices

Council Fees & Charges 2023- 2024(PDF, 3MB)