Community Strategic Plan
Thank you to everyone who shared their views on a future vision that respects our unique local area and lifestyle.
Between June and August this year, more than 400 people contributed their views through the Towards 2042 project to inform the review of the Tablelands Regional Community Strategic Plan 2016-2036.
Key engagement findings included:
- The top priorities for our community include roads and parking, employment, and aged and disability services.
- Over 58 percent of responders were either happy or very happy with the current Community Vision.
- The things that make our community a great place to live include the beautiful natural environment, the location and convenience and the lifestyle.
- The main in our region include jobs and employment, retaining and supporting young people and the economy.
- Participants identified strategies to enhance the region, including a focus on economic growth, improved infrastructure, and more activities and events.
For more findings you can view the Towards 2042 Engagement Report here(PDF, 1MB)
We are now drafting the Community Strategic Plan, ready for the community to consider it during 2022.
About Towards 2042
All councils in NSW are required to adhere to the Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) Framework. In essence, the IP&R Framework begins with the community’s aspirations for the future, not Council’s. It includes a suite of integrated plans that set out a vision and goals and strategic actions to achieve them.
The highest-level planning document is the Community Strategic Plan. It highlights the community’s aspirations and priorities for the next 20 years. The Community Strategic Plan must be adopted by Council by 30 June 2022.