There are currently 10 cases of COVID-19/Coronavirus in Goulburn Mulwaree, with 280 people tested so far as at 10am 31st March 2020.
Southern NSW Local Health District is in contact with each confirmed case and their close contacts, advising them to self-isolate for 14 days. Identifying close contacts ensures that those people who may be at risk take the necessary steps to avoid any further transmission.
Council would like to reinforce the enforcement measures announced by the NSW Premier; all community members must stay at home, only leaving if it is absolutely essential. People in New South Wales can now face six months in jail and fines of up to $11,000 for breaching a new ministerial directive giving police sweeping powers to enforce regulations aimed at curbing the spread of coronavirus.
It is essential that everyone plays their part in containing the spread of COVID-19 by practising good hygiene measures including:
- Clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Be mindful of the 1.5 metre social distancing advice.
- Do not leave your home unless it is absolutely essential
Southern NSW Local Health District has established a COVID-19 Assessment Centres at the Goulburn Base Hospital. Alternate entry arrangements to this centre are in place.
Any one heading to an assessment centre MUST call the SNSWLHD Central Intake Service – 1800 999 880 (option 1) before attending.
Goulburn Mulwaree Council is continuing to prioritise essential services for our community throughout the evolving Coronavirus COVID-19 situation.
Unfortunately we have also had to close a number of our facilities and public spaces to the community to ensure we are doing our bit in the fight against COVID-19.
Dog off-leash areas have been closed as of Monday 30th March 2020.
Open spaces such as our large parks and the Wollondilly River Walkway remain open, however we remind people exercising with their dogs that they need to remain under effective control and on a leash at all times. Social distancing guidelines must always be maintained when using these open spaces, and the community is reminded that these rules must be respected or additional parks, gardens and open spaces could be shut down.
To be able to continue with provision of essential waste services, Council will make the following changes to waste services starting Thursday 2 April 2020.
- Tarago Waste Management Centre will only be open from 8am to 11am on Thursday and Saturday mornings only. This arrangement will start on Thursday 2 April.
- Marulan Waste Management Centre will only be open from 12.30pm to 4pm on Thursday and Saturday afternoons only. This arrangement will start on Thursday 2 April.
- Goulburn Waste Management Centre will only be open to the public on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8am to 2pm.
As announced on 23rd March 2020, a number of Council Facilities are now closed to the public, effective immediately:
- Goulburn Mulwaree Library (including the Mobile Library)
- Goulburn Aquatic & Leisure Centre
- Goulburn Regional Art Gallery
- Rocky Hill War Memorial Museum
- Goulburn Community Centre
- Goulburn Historic Waterworks Museum
- Visitor Information Centre
We have also closed a number of public toilet facilities throughout the region. The following toilets remain open to the community:
- Belmore Park
- Marsden Weir
- O’Brien Park
- Eastgrove South
- Tony Onions Park (Marulan)
- Tarago Park
- Tallong Park
All playgrounds have been closed as of 26th March 2020. Open spaces will continue to be accessible, but play equipment must no longer be used and gathering areas (e.g. Adventure Playground, Skate Park, Rage Cage and Outdoor Gyms) can no longer be used.
Radio updates with Mayor Kirk
Throughout the COVID-19 Crisis Mayor Bob Kirk will be providing updates to the community each Monday, Wednesday and Friday on local radio. He will be on 1368 2GN at 8:10am each morning, and then on 93.5 Eagle FM after 8:30am each morning.
Listen in on these days to get updated statistics from NSW Health along with other information important for our community during this time.
NSW Government COVID-19
Australian Government COVID-19
Southern NSW Local Health District